23.2.11

MONTREAL FASHION WEEK: part two

[tamara]

BARILA


The tone of Sabrina Barila's show this season was markedly different from her last. Though the music was still playful, the collection was definitively more mature. Taking the place of last year's parade of bright rompers and loud patterned dresses, a long march of wide brimmed hats, fur capes, maxi skirts and turtle necks made its way down the catwalk. Overall, the collection was very refined, feminine and versatile. The fashion gods seem to have taken offense to something though, because more than a few models fell off their sky-high stilettos mid strut.

ENVERS PAR JEAN LACASSE


The Envers show was incredibly elegant, but more importantly, amazingly colourful! A bright colour palette is something we bloggers have recently become infatuated with. Having said that, I'm not too sure where exactly one might wear such extravagant pieces!

SAMUEL DONG


I could not stop staring at the makeup at the Samuel Dong show. The turquoise, violet, tangerine and yellow eye shadows were especially stunning. Dong's collection was similarly awe-inspiring and many of those watching (myself included) could do nothing but tweet madly as the models stalked past in their leopard print, glitter and ruffles. Though I doubt I could pull them off, I completely fell in love with the pair of leggings pictured above.

COKLUCH


Cokluch was actually one of the week's most wearable collections. Obviously catering to a younger cohort, the line was stocked full of leather, fur, khaki and white cotton. Though I wasn't too impressed with the inclusion of clip-on fox tails (a trend that expired about an hour after its Louis Vuitton debut last season), I did heartily approve of the aviation theme. I wouldn't mind wearing a pair of those vintage-y goggles!

Don't forget to check out my fashion blog for The Vancouver Sun!


| photos courtesy of Montreal Fashion Week, Sensation Mode and The Vancouver Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment