11.1.11

re-introductions; natalie

[natalie]



You overslept and have 5 minutes to get ready – what do you do?
I usually put on my most basic outfit when I am in a rush. This would include my zippered skinny jeans, a black or white American Apparel t-shirt, my knee high leather boots and my pea coat.

If you were sitting alone in a bar with a bottle of whiskey, who would you invite to join you?
I think it would be amazing to sit down and talk to Michael Jackson! He really understood music and it would be an honor to hear his story.

How does your voice mail sound?
Ha, my voice mail isn’t too interesting. It’s an automated voice with my name inserted into it. I hate answering my voice mail. I find that no one leaves messages anymore unless it’s my dad.

If you were an accessory, what would it be?
I would most definitely be a pair of sunglasses. I own 6 or 7 pairs! I would love to be a pair of classic black Ray Bans. They are classy, vintage, stylish and would go with every outfit.

You have a bucket of white paint – who or what do you paint?
The place I am living in right now has to ugliest purple/green wallpaper on the bathroom walls. I would love to rip the paper off the walls and repaint it. I may as well do something useful with the paint!

What shoes have you had the most fabulous party in?
I have 4 inch black heels with a buckle on the ankles that I have worn out so many times I have lost count. They are so worn out I am actually looking for a new pair of party heels right now.

A friend is coming over for dinner – what do you serve?
You can’t go wrong with pasta. I would probably make penne with a vegetable tomato sauce, garlic bread, and a spinach strawberry salad.

What’s the soundtrack of your life? what kind of music describes you as a person?
Oh this is a hard one. I love music and I don’t have a favorite song or singer. I listen to everything from pop, hip hop, indie, beats, and jazz. The kind of music that would describe me as a person is the slow and soulful music from Bon Iver, A Fine Frenzy or Sufjan Stevens.

You’re on your way to a fashion show and accidentally stumble on the red carpet – how do you react?
That would be really unlucky! I am usually a very cautious and careful person but after a few glasses of champagne I could see this happening. I would probably turn a little red and put on the biggest smile ever and start laughing at myself.

If you were a horse – how would you decorate your horseshoe?
I would probably put engravings in it with some inspirational words, my name or some sweet patterns. I would like it to be unique, that’s for sure.

If you could pick one thing from your mother’s closet, what would it be?
I found a lot of things from my mother’s closet. I would recommend every girl checking out their mother’s closets. You may be surprised as to what you find! If I could only pick one thing from my mother’s closet it would have to be this small metallic purse with a gold chain. It has been the most useful little purse when I go out dancing and it goes with all my outfits.

Do you have a guilty pleasure? What is it?
My guilty pleasure would have to be my obsession with dying my hair. I am trying to maintain my blonde hair right now but I have gone through so many different hair colors in the past. I’m still not sure which color I like best.

In your opinion how does a guy with great style look?
A guy with great style has to be wearing something simple yet sophisticated. I would love a guy who wore black converse, dark straight leg denim, a blazer and a pair of Ray Bans.

You’re having an off day fashion wise. What do you do?
Welcome to my life. I usually throw on my leather knee high boots, put my hair in a bun, and put on my rings. I try and put on at least one piece of clothing or accessory to make me feel a bit better when I walk out the door.

If you were to dye your hair in a drastic color, what would it be?
Ohhh I like this question. I think it would be a very rich dark red like Nicole Kidman from Moulin Rouge. That is one color I haven’t had enough guts to try.

Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
Natalie Portman. Firstly, she is beautifully breathtaking, an amazing actress, and she’s a Harvard grad. Oh, and she has the same first name as me!

You’re going out and have chosen a simple black dress as your outfit. What do you wear with it?
I would pair it with a statement accessory of some sort and a pair of hot black heels.

If you were to design a collection of clothes, what 3 colors would you choose to use?
Black, a pretty light pink and red.

What’s your biggest fashion faux pas?
Tamara stole my biggest fashion faux pas! UGGS! If I can’t choose that one, then it would have to be flared jeans with pointed high heels.

What’s the keywords to your style this season?
Simplistic, vintage and dark.

1 comment:

  1. nice blog! hope you'll check out mine . x

    http://highheelsandsneakers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete