2.1.11

re-introductions; tamara

[tamara]




You overslept and have 5 minutes to get ready – what do you do?
This is absolutely my life every morning. I would throw on a pair of shiny black leggings, a large cream knit sweater, fur coat because it is freezing in Montreal and stomper boots!

If you were sitting alone in a bar with a bottle of whiskey, who would you invite to join you?
I would invite England's sixteenth century king, Henry VIII. I think he would be fascinating to talk to and I would like to ask him many questions! If not, then maybe Bob Dylan or Karl Lagerfeld.

How does your voice mail sound?
I don't have one, you just have to call again. It's a boring answer, but true!

If you were an accessory, what would it be?
A gold ring with a large onyx stone - maybe like the ones by YSL.

You have a bucket of white paint – who or what do you paint?
I would paint something on the road. Something that everybody sees and makes people stop for a second and think what the hell?!

What shoes have you had the most fabulous party in?
My black four inch wedge booties because they are so comfortable that I can dance in them all night.

A friend is coming over for dinner – what do you serve?
Something vegetarian that is really simple! If it were Natalie, we would make it together, or better, I would sit on the counter eating the ingredients while she cooked.

What’s the soundtrack of your life? what kind of music describes you as a person?
The soundtrack would be mixed for sure. I am always changing. Right now it would be an assortment of songs from the Hives, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Bob Dylan. I'm going through an indie/rock obsession.

You’re on your way to a fashion show and accidentally stumble on the red carpet – how do you react?
I'm so glad this hasn't happened yet! For sure I would be a bit embarrassed, but I think I would get up quickly and probably laugh.

If you were a horse – how would you decorate your horseshoe?
With gold sparkles! So then it would be a really lucky horseshoe.

If you could pick one thing from your mother’s closet, what would it be?
Too many things to count. The last things I took were some antique rings, a vintage leather jacket and a velvet vest with toggles from the early 1900s! But I guess the last thing was not really from her, but my great grandmother.

Do you have a guilty pleasure? What is it?
Really bad music! My friends sometimes laugh at me for all the random songs on my ipod. I will be listening to the Strokes one second and then the next second I will be dancing to Edward Maya or Akcent. Another guilty pleasure is wearing fur. But only vintage or from a thrift store - I totally despise the fur industry as a rule.

In your opinion how does a guy with great style look?
Oh! I love a guy who wears well-fitted denim, a blazer and a scarf. It would also be VERY impressive to see a boy on the street wearing suede dress shoes or a suit jacket with coattails.

You’re having an off day fashion wise. What do you do?
I stay in bed! If I am not wearing something I like, it affects my mood completely.

If you were to dye your hair in a drastic color, what would it be?
I would dye it dark brown with electric blue tips.

Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
I think Michelle Tratchenberg from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. When I was young I was often mistaken for her from Harriet the Spy!

You’re going out and have chosen a simple black dress as your outfit. What do you wear with it?
Small gold accessories and killer shoes. I am a fan of understated fashion - it's all about the details and proportions!

If you were to design a collection of clothes, what 3 colors would you choose to use?
Black, camel and some golden earthy tone.

What’s your biggest fashion faux pas?
Uggs. They are so comfortable and tempting, but really the ugliest shoe in the world!

What’s the keywords to your style this season?
Minimalist, feminine and a little bit vintage indie.

-- Hope everyone had a good winter break! Natalie and I are re-introducing ourselves in these next few posts because this blog is about to be re-vamped! The questions were taken from theFactory - a Swedish blog. I'm flying back to Montreal tomorrow evening so expect an outfit post almost immediately following my return. Natalie is back from Mexico on the fourth as well. I didn't mention it before but Natalie was waiting for me at the airport in Vancouver when I flew home! It was amazing to see her again and we had a teary reunion with many, many hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment