23.1.11

for the boys. menswear FALL 2011.

[tamara]


BOTTEGA VENETA




Nothing wrong here. Love the layering, the velvet and the effortlessly chic minimalism.

Salvatore Ferragamo




Seventies! Natalie and I are big fans of this decade. I adore the use of suede and sheened fabrics in this collection by Salvatore Ferragamo. The cuts are elegant with a twist and the colour palette is to die for. Creams, beige, burgundy and teal. Wowza. This show also made me ridiculously excited for MFW which is in just a few weeks.

D&G




Threw this one in for fun. Though I normally abhor extreme colour - this collection was rather addictive to look at. This is about as hipster as the fashion world gets!

PRADA




After viewing this collection I almost feel like I should go back and apologize to every boy at every high school dance I went to for making fun of them in their way-too-big suit jackets. Apparently that is the thing right now? Nope, still not convinced. Having said that, when compared to the models' ridiculous bowl cuts, where's-the-flood trouser hems, glitzy emerald green turtle necks, zip wind breakers paired with dress pants and argyle socks - the huge suit jackets seem downright trendy. Kindly ignore this show boys.

BURBERRY PRORSUM




God I love Burberry Prorsum coats. They're so unique and yet classic - just can't get enough. Usually I'm speaking about women's wear when I use such adjectives, but I was impressed with Burberry's men's line this season. I'm in love with the leather detailing on the peacoat pictured above, and the bold orangey-yellow is great. The detailing on the jumper is amazing as well - I would love to wear a sweater such as this one! Having said that, I'm not such a fan of the puffer jacket that has been making its comeback on runways recently.

JOHN GALLIANO





Oh Galliano, how I adore thee. Have you ever seen anything so magnificently ridiculous?? In collections such as these you have to keep in mind that the presentation is just the show part of it. If you deconstruct each look you will discover many very wearable pieces. God I love fashion. 'nuff said.

--

Ah fashion weeks. They come in all shapes and sizes and though menswear is definitely not my forte, I do enjoy looking at the shows. Hope you did too!

| style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment