20.12.09

season of change.

[tamara]


Last night was a friend's holiday gathering, and it was really nice to see some of my friends for the first time in months. A certain girl from our high school was there too and she showed us her artfully ripped denim (DIY). I had fun talking about all things fashion with her at various points during the evening because she is one of the few in our graduating class who actually pays attention to such things! Natalie and I stayed until two in the morning, laughing and sharing old stories. She wore a ripped legging, black leather boots, & vintage cape. I wore a sleeved mini dress (courtesy of an idea by stylelikeu), burnt-orange suede western boots, and my vintage velvet vest.

We are going vintage/thrift store shopping tomorrow, and hopefully we can find something. Natalie, I believe, is looking for some flared 70s denim and anything velvet. I will be looking, per usual, for fur. Oh! An amazing friend from McGill has let me know recently that he wants to give me a vintage mink coat that I can wear next year when I move back to Montreal - but until then, I suppose I will have to find something else!

It is interesting to note that last year in December I acquired my first hard core pieces - my chain handled sac, vintage leather jacket, leather boot, shiny black leggings etc. This year, at around the same time, Natalie and I find ourselves transitioning out of this look and into a more polished one. Having said that though, Natalie and I were laughing last night about how in high school friends would tease me about my, at times, long & untamed hair, and now it is everywhere in fashion magazines & editorials.

Also, I am really in love with jodpurs at the moment. They are a horse-back riding pant for those who don't know. I have a pair from when I was 13 that I rarely wore (just when I was doing a show), and they still fit. I almost bought a similar pair at BCBG and then ZARA over the weekend, but luckily didn't. I love them!

In blog related news, Natalie and I are planning on re-vamping ad idem with a new layout for New Years. It will be sad to leave behind our current one, but we've decided that a more classic look might be a nice change.

And I'm not sure if you've noticed, but ad idem now also has an official twitter. On this we will be updating from our blackberries; most posts will be about trends we like or outfits we have just seen on campus etc.

Today ad idem has nearly 10,000 page views, 2,000 unique users from Canada alone, and 58 other countries visiting! WOW. For just over five months on the internet, that is really exciting! So thankyou to our lovely readers, you're amazing!

That's all for now, but we may be doing a shoot over the next week, so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment