30.11.09

au revoir 80's.

[natalie]


As you have probably noticed on ad idem before, Tamara and I love the hard-core looks of the 80's. This aggressive, dark, and intense fashion trend that has been around for the past few seasons and is now on its way out. We are now transitioning into a more nouveau-french 70's romantic look!

It's funny, I was just talking to Meryl a couple of days ago about how I thought the 70's were going to come back. Tamara and I knew the trends from the 80's were eventually going to end, but I don't think we are quite ready to give them up. Fashion however, is all about change and taking elements of one style and incorporating it into another. I don't think I can say goodbye to my leggings, chunky jewelry, rings, black everything, leather, ripped jeans, and studs any time soon, however, I can start introducing softer, more feminine pieces into my closet.

The 70's were all about short mini skirts, maxi dresses, hot pants, velvet, blouses, trouser suits, bell bottoms, and platform shoes. Emerald green, apple green and bottle green were the colors of the early 1970s. If you still don't believe that the 70's are going to start showing up, take a look at jak&jil or style.com. Don't freak out thinking about wearing orange bell bottoms, chunky black heeled shoes, or a high necked granny dress that flows all the way down to your feet though. The 70's are only an one source of inspiration today. Instead of going crazy, take a piece from the 70's and incorporate it into your wardrobe subtly - not the entire thing at once. I can't wait to go to the thrift stores at home and take a look around for some new pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment